Are you looking for an awesome speaker for your SHSM program? Students have to complete workshops – some mandatory, some elective. Once you’ve found a potential presenter, you’ll want to check them out. The following 6 questions will start great conversation and will help ensure your presentation will be a winner!
In general, a 10- or 15-minute phone call should be enough to get an idea of whether a presentation is a good fit for you and your school. Here’s what to ask and what to look for.
1. “What’s your experience with student workshops?
2. “How do you make your workshops engaging?”
3. "What are the logistics involved?"
4. "What is your pricing model?"
5. "What is your organization all about?"
6. "What other benefits can you offer?"
The Beanstalk Project is a group of entertainers-turned-educators with unconventional ideas about how to make education better.